Thursday 8 March 2018

Muscles, Minty, and marauding moggies.

 Hi all!
Its been busy busy, and thus this update has been a bit delayed.
Whats been going on? Well a lot of work, gigging with my friends James and Duncan (anarchic and weird folk/metal/ insanity mashup) and just general life really.
The cats have been up to their tricks, as they have received offerings of a light up zoomy ball track, and a cat fountain. The first thing shadow tried to do was pry the top off the fountain and go for a swim. She's crazy about water. She jumps in the sink when you are cleaning your teeth, jumps in the bath at any given opportunity, and just enjoys splashing about in general. I think she may actually be a skinny otter. The zoomy glowy ball track was her second victim. Within a day she'd figured out how to pry the cover off and steal the ball. She is also the only one with paws thi enough to play violently with it, smooshing the ball round the track. Winters mighty boy paws are to muscley, PC is to aloof for it, and prefers dashing madly about the house hunting the ghosts of mice, Minty is interested but her huge clown shoe sized feet won't fit inside the gaps, and Shoe would play with it, but keeps getting jumped by Winter (the douche).
this has been interspersed with fighting through the curtains, and running full tilt around the house. Minty has joined the other girls in their daily circuit training, but her mini legs mean she has to play catch up a lot.
Shoe prefers to sit on her slice of bread cushion, and observe. I think if she could, she would drink coffee and eat a bagel whilst observing.
Minty finds shadows shennanigans hilarious.

Speaking of exercise, My friend ben and I got gym memberships! Ben is a muscular man beast anyway, but he wanted a training partner, and as a human butter ball, I decided it was time to shift my fat a bit. I didn't realise how tubby I'd got until I looked at a video of myself on facebook.
The dreadful duo.
I must say I was somewhat apprehensive about the whole thing. The last time I set foot in a sports facility I was eighteen, so I was expecting to wake up in hospital after some light exercise, having been judged unworthy by huge muscled men.
What I was expecting
It wasn't like that! After relieving us of most of our money, for membership and swanky gym clothes, we got changed and did a wide array of exercises. I did feel kind of puny next to Ben, but I shall improve. My only cock up was slipping off of one machine, and causing the weights to crash down, getting annoyed looks from the scary muscled man nearby, and deafening myself and Ben. We retreated to the hot tub, which was great but could have been improved by a rum cocktail.
How it really was
I ache like a total sod today. Next time will be better!
Me this morning
In other news, It snowed like a bugger today, and last week I got annoyed with my beard and shaved it off. Now I look younger, sort of!


speak soooooooon! Simon. xx








No comments:

Post a Comment

Add something. Preferably something entertaining or nice, but feel free to be otherwise.
Anyone can comment, You don't need a blogger account, although some people have said they can't leave comments. I am trying to fix that.,